The dark can be a bit frightening for young children, and there is nothing worse for them than waking up in a dark room that is unfamiliar. Fortunately, we had an American Red Cross Blackout Buddy by Eton to take with us on our recent family vacation so our 2 ½-year-old twins never woke-up in the dark.
I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the Blackout Buddy. It is compact (2 ounces), durable and its fold-up prongs make this LED light extremely convenient for travel. Blackout Buddy can be set to automatically turn on when a room goes dark (as in the case of power failures and blackouts). In addition, it can be used as a night light or flashlight, recharging when plugged into your wall socket. The LED light is a bit bright and works best as a hall or bathroom night light instead of in a child’s room.
The best thing about the Blackout Buddy: no more buying night light light bulbs or batteries for a flashlight that can never be found when needed! Although it costs slightly more than similar products on the market (retails for $15.00), a portion of each sale goes directly to the American Red Cross.
If you are traveling with young kids or need an emergency flashlight/night light I would say this is a must have. For more information about this product go to http://www.etoncorp.com/American_Red_Cross.
Cate Burke is the very busy (but very lucky) mother of 2-year-old boy/girl twins. Happily married for 10 years, this California girl now lives in Iowa, where she freelances as an independent marketing consultant. She is an avid reader (when time permits) and has a professional background in marketing and public relations for non-profit organizations.