1. Say you love her, often, like every day! Just because we think sex is the best way to say “I love you” doesn’t mean she does.
2. Don’t expect perfection; you’re not perfect, so go easy when she makes a mistake.
3. Avoid ‘yups’, groans, gestures, SMSs, and emails.
4. Be a good dad to your kids. Don’t fall for the “quality time” catch cry; you need quantity to find quality. Chances are when she committed to you, she was also looking for the great dad you would be to your kids. Stay connected with your kids.
5. Show commitment: Say “Yes” more often (I know this is a killer!!!).
6. More listening and less chat.
7. Affection. Not just in the bedroom.
8. Team effort: Share domestic duties.
9. Take care of yourself both physically and emotionally. She’d be freaked out by the suicide statistic : 2000 + males top themselves every year, vs. 400+ females. Check out the book: The Real Man’s Tool Box by Tammy Farrell.
10. When it’s time to hang up the boots, commit to that vasectomy.
11. Be happy. If your job sucks, move on: take control. Tips to make 2010 your year.
12. Self awareness. Small things can be really irritating. If you must scratch your arse don’t do it at the school assembly. Solutions to irritating habits.
Is there more? Comment below…
Image credit: Fran Gambín
Dave Woolbank is a father of two children and master of reinvention. He’s spent probably too much time in the corporate world prior seeing the light to become a secondary school teacher in Sydney. Like many men, Dave has an aversion to instruction manuals and wordy self help books so he created an online environment, www.dadsclub.com.au, for Dads to get fast, useful information written in a way that blokes could relate to. Dadsclub.com.au gives Aussie dads practical TIPS, LINKS, and DEALS that are bloke friendly and practical. Dads get more involved with their kids when they visit www.dadsclub.com.au.