C’mon, you can do better than lousy chips and dip for your Super Bowl party!
Adam’s Kielbasa Trio
– 2 Pita Bread Rounds, sliced in half
– 1 tbsp Olive Oil
– 1 lb Turkey Kielbasa
– 1 large Spanish Onion, sliced into 1/8″ strips
– 1 cup crumbly Bleu Cheese
– Sour Cream or Plain Yogurt (optional)
Keep pita bread warm in an oven at low heat (200 F).
Heat 1/2 the olive oil in a medium saute or fry pan over medium heat until oil begins to faintly smoke.
Slice kielbasa in 1/2″ slices and saute until brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Add remaining olive oil in pan and add the onions. Stir occasionally until onions are a golden carmelized color (approximately 15-20 minutes).
Stir in bleu cheese and kielbasa until cheese begins to melt.
Spoon sausage mixture evenly into the pita bread pockets. If desired, add a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt.
New Orleans Shrimp BBQ
– 2 tbsp Olive Oil
– 12 raw Jumbo Shrimp (shelled)
– 1 stalk of Celery, cut into 3″ sticks
– 1 small Spanish Onion, sliced into 1/8″ strips
– 1 Tbsp minced Garlic
– 1/2 cup Worcestershire Sauce
– 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
– 1/4 cup Hot Sauce (preferrably Crystal Brand)
– 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
– 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, cold
– 4 pieces of crusty bread
– Kosher Salt
Season shrimp with salt.
Heat oil in medium saute or fry pan over medium heat until oil begins to faintly smoke.
Add the shrimp, celery, and onion. Cook until shrimp begins to brown along the edges. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Deglaze the pan with the worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Bring contents to a boil.
Add the heavy cream and butter. Reduce heat to low and stir until the butter is completely melted.
Place each piece of bread into a bowl and divide the shrimp mixture among each.